March 13, 2010

Baked French Toast

I got this recipe off of another blog. She uses bread from Kneaders Bakery. I imagine you could use Cinnamon Swirl from another bakery. She insists its what "makes" the recipe. I imagine it does. Sounds SO good:)

1 Loaf Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon Bread cut into 8 slices
6-7 eggs
2 1/2 cups milk
1 Tbsp brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 Tbsp butter

Butter a glass 9x13 pan. Place slices flat in pan. Mix all remaining ingredients, reserving the butter and pour over the bread. Cut butter into pieces and dot over the tops. Refrigerate overnight. Bake 45-50 min at 350.

Emily's notes: First off, I can't fit it all in a 9x13, I end up using a 9x13 plus an 8x8. Also, I like it best when I refrigerate it overnight and then turn the pieces of bread over and let them sit an hour before you bake it in the morning so both sides really soak up the egg mixture. It is great with maple syrup or with strawberries and whip cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment