May 19, 2012

Pancakes from scratch!

A few years back I ran out of pancake batter mix and as my 18mo old demanded pancakes for breakfast, I frantically searched for pancake recipes on the internet. Over time, I have tried a few recipes, but I settled on this one and made a few tweaks and haven't gone back to the box stuff since!

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tablespoon white sugar

1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

DIRECTIONS:
1. In large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg. After mixing, slowly add the melted butter and mix until it's all smooth.

2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour about 1/4 cups of the batter onto the griddle. Brown both sides and serve hot!

*Pour homemade syrup over the pancakes (recipe found above) to make it even tastier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment